There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The Cool Idea Award helps early-stage companies and entrepreneurs bring innovate products to market through service grants that support product development through 3D printing, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, and injection molding services!
General guidelines for the submission process:
- Products should have an established business plan
- A 3D CAD model(s) must accompany Round 2 application form. CAD Files will not be requested in Round 1 submission.
- If you are granted an award, Protolabs will actively promote your project in print, press releases, case studies, etc.
- Cool Idea Award recipients have 90 days to exhaust their award.
- If your project is related to a government contract or grant, it is ineligible for an award.
- Protolabs employees and families are ineligible for an award.
- Ideas/Products are only allowed to submitted once. Re-submissions of ideas/products will not be considered.